Advisory committee for individuals with disabilities – #1 Position Available
To advise the City Council and Manager on disability needs within the City and submit an annual report on activities.
MEETINGS: Third Monday Each Month except August & December - Health Dept. 7:30 pm
Beautification Committee - Alternates #2 position available
With approval of Municipal Council, seek out, initiate, encourage disseminate information and raise funds concerning civic beautification projects.
MEETINGS: 1st MONDAY OF EACH MONTH (except July & Aug.) TIME: 8:30 LOCATION: CONF. ROOM
B10) CLIFTON CA-TV COMMITTEE - 1 Position Available
Advises the governing body regarding planning, developing, and scheduling of programs to address the community needs.
MEETINGS: 4th Wednesday every month at 7:00 PM in the Health Department Conference Room
Historical Commission - 3 positions available
Makes recommendations to the Municipal Council regarding the commemoration of historical events and the preservation of memorabilia of the City.
MEETINGS: 1ST THURSDAY EACH MONTH TIME: 7:00 PM LOCATION: CONFERENCE ROOM
- Geographically broken up into 16 contiguous neighborhoods. This would yield 2 people to serve as team captains.
- The committee will consist of on (1) permanent member and one (1) alternate member for each neighborhood.
- The term shall be for two years. When the permanent member’s term ends, the alternate will move into this position.
- The person submitting his or her name first will become the permanent member.
- A new name submitted shall become the alternate.
- Format of the meeting shall be a monthly meeting on the 2nd Monday of the month at the Senior Center from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. NOT JULY & AUGUST & DEC.
- If the neighborhoods seem too large after organization, we have the ability to expand up to 20 neighborhoods to accommodate those neighborhoods.
Albion - Alternate
Greglawn - Alternate
Maple Valley - Member & Alternate
Oakridge - Member & Alternate
Richfield - Alternate
RENT LEVELING BOARD - Alt Tenant Member; Landlord Member; Alt. Landlord Member Positions Available
ONE ALTERNATE LANDLORD MEMBER WHO OWNS/MANAGES A MULTI DWELLING(S)
Supplies information and assistance to landlords and tenants to assist them in complying with the ordinances of the City, to hold hearings and adjudicate applicants for rent increases, surcharges and reductions.
MEETINGS – On Call
B13) CLIFTON TRAFFIC SAFETY COUNCIL – One Member Available
Act as an advisory to the Municipal Council, to make investigations and recommendations to it and the Police Department in the matter of traffic practices, procedures and conditions in or to reduce street and highway accidents and to maintain a good public program.
TERM: THREE YEAR STAGGERED TERM
MEETINGS: 3RD THURSDAY OF EACH MONTH, DECEMBER – 2ND THURSDAY (EXCLUDING JULY & AUG.)
LOCATION: CONFERENCE ROOM 7:00 pm