Online Purchasing Toolbox
HELPFUL INTERNET RESOURCES FOR THE CITY OF CLIFTON
Purchasing Guidelines (Overview)
- The Public Purchasing Road Map: A one-page guide to show how purchases are to be considered by using departments and divisions.
- Emergency Purchasing Form: This form is required for all emergency purchases. An emergency is constituted by a valid threat to the health, safety, and welfare of the general public including City employees.
Clifton Purchasing Requisition Overview: A step-by-step view of the purchasing process specific to the MSI requisition system.
City of Clifton Authorized Cooperative Purchasing Contracts (New Jersey)
- NJ Start - The State of New Jersey’s Procurement web portal: The above links to the Contract & Bid Search, in order to Search for Bids and active Contracts/Blankets. Click Contracts/Blankets for current awards.
- NJ Department of Corrections (DeptCor), Bureau of State Use Industries: DEPTCOR provides high-quality products and services from furniture to food items and including products like city and highway signs, a wide selection of men's and women's garments, textiles, silk screening, embroidery, and bedding.
- Bergen County Cooperative Purchasing and Pricing Systems: (ID# 11BCCPS) is open for all New Jersey’s municipalities, membership requires resolution.
- Educational Services Commission of New Jersey (ESCNJ): formerly known as Middlesex Regional Educational Services Commission, or MRESC, (ID# 65MCESCCPS)Various commodities and services, membership requires application and resolution.
- HCESC Cooperative Pricing System (HCESE): Hunterdon County Educational Services Commission Various commodities and services, membership requires resolution.
Morris County Cooperative Pricing Council (MCCPC): the MCCPC divides the coop into three distinct categories: spring, motor vehicles, and winter.
Passaic County Cooperative Pricing System: (38PCCP) Cooperative contracts are found within the site listings, review each bid award to identify if it is marked as “yes” to cooperative.
Somerset County Cooperative Pricing System: (2SOCCP) Cooperative contracts (identified with “CC”) are found within the site listings, membership requires resolution, contact Somerset County for more information.
Available National Cooperatives (requires additional steps to use)
- Houston Galveston Area Council (HGAC): is the largest of 24 Councils of Government (COG) in Texas, and a political subdivision of the State of Texas. It has been serving local governments for more than 40 years.
- Sourcewell:(formerly NJPA)The buying power of 50,000 government, education, and nonprofit organizations.
- OMNIA Partners (formerly US Communities): combines the nation’s two leading cooperative purchasing organizations – National IPA and U.S. Communities
NJ Procurement Laws, Rules, and Guidelines
- Prevailing Wage Rates: For current prevailing wages use the drop-down to identify the applicable county.
- Registered Public Works Contractors: Web-based search tool for identifying registered public works contractors and sub-contractors.
- Prevailing Wage Debarment List: A resource for verifying contractor possible debarment status.
- Business Registration Certificate: Search here for BRC information; with links to related data.
- Local Finance Notices from the DLGS: web-based resource for Local Finance Notices.
- Public Agency Compliance: Guidelines for Administering EEO in Public Contracts Pursuant to: N.J.S.A.10:5-31 et seq. and N.J.A.C.17:27, defines Public Agency Compliance Officer, (PACO)